place the drive belts over the pulley of the pump
drive assembly at this point.
The following points should be kept in mind upon assem-
bling the pump drive.
2. Connect the propeller shaft to the drive shaft flange and
torque bolts to 22-24 foot-pounds (3.0426-3.3192 m-kg).
1. Assemble both pump drive gears (12) with longer
shoulder to the end cover side.
3. Connect the shifter shaft linkage with pin end cotter
2. All oil seal lips should be pointing in the right direction.
4. If equipped with a Cummins engine, proceed es follows
3 Always replace the end cover gasket with a new one
to install the power steering pump.
whenever the and cover has been removed.
4. The capscrews which secure the pump propel shaft
A. Place shims between power steering pump and pump
flange to the drive input flange should be torqued to 22-24
drive assembly to assure proper alignment of the drive
foot-pounds (3.0426-3.3192 m-kg).
belts. Check this alignment with a straight edge.
INSTALLATION. To install the pump drive assembly,
proceed as follows:
C. Place drive belts over the pulley of power steering
1. Using a suitable lifting device lower pump drive assem-
bly in place and bolt it to carrier frame.
D. To adjust drive belt tension, turn tension bolt (3)
clockwise until proper tension is obtained. When
proper belt tension is acquired tighten nut (2).
lf this installation includes the power steering pump,
Figure 8-15. Power Steering Pump Installation