AIR SYSTEM COMPONENTS
INSTALLATION. To install a new differential lockout
When the palm button is in the released position, the return
valve, proceed as follows:
spring shifts the valve off. The inlet valve is now seated end
the exhaust is open. Air is now prevented from passing
1. Place the valve on the underside of the dash panel with
through the valve. while the air in the interaxle differential
the screw holes properly aligned with the holes in the dash
lockout cylinder is allowed to exhaust through the exhaust
port of the valve.
2. Place the valve dial on the topside of the dash panel,
LEAKAGE TEST. To determine if the valve is leaking inter-
over the valve. Then install the screws to secure the valve
nally, perform the following test:
end dial to the dash panel.
1. Fully charge the air system.
3. Reconnect the air lines to the valve. Install the lock nut
end palm button on the end of the plunger.
2. Coat the exhaust port of the valve with a soap solution
to check for Ieakage.
4. Check the operation of the valve by performing the
3. Depress end hold the palm button of the valve. Then
coat the exhaust port of the valve with a soap solution to
check for Ieakage.
DIFFERENTIAL LOCKOUT VALVE (36Z1025)
4. If the valve doer not function es described, or leeks ex-
cessively, it is recommended that the valve be replaced.
DESCRIPTION. Differential lock valve 36Z1025 is a lever-
REMOVAL. To remove the differential lockout valve, pro-
valve is used to control the operation of the interaxle dif-
ceed as follows:
1. Drain the air system by opening the drain cock on each
When the handle of the valve is in the LOCK position, the
valve is on. Its inlet valve is off its seat end the exhaust is
closed. In this position. air has free passage through the
2. Disconnect the air lines et the valve.
valve to the interaxle differential lockout cylinder.
3. Loosen the locknut and remove the palm button. Then
When the handle of the valve is in the UNLOCK position,
remove the locknut.
the valve is off. The inlet valve is now stated and the ex-
haust is open. Air is now prevented from passing through
the valve, while the air in the interaxle differential lockout
4. Remove the two screws on the valve dial, and remove
cylinder is allowed to exhaust through the exhaust port of
the valve dial. The valve can now be removed from the dash
Figure 9C-11. Differential Lookout Valve (36Z1025)