AIR SYSTEM COMPONENTS
REMOVAL. To remove the throttle selector valve, proceed
3. Reconnect the air lines to the valve.
4. Check the operation of the valve by performing the
1. Drain the air system by opening the drain cocks on each
2. Disconnect the air lines at the valve.
THROTTLE CYLINDER (36U30)
3. Remove the two screws on the valve dial, and remove
DESCRIPTION. The throttle cylinder is a single acting,
the valve dial. The valve can now be removed from the cab
spring returned, air cylinder. This air cylinder is connected
to the engine speed control lever, and is used to control the
INSTALLATION. To install a new throttle selector valve,
proceed as follows:
When air is applied to the control port of the cylinder, the
piston is forced outward against the return spring (see
1. Place the valve on the engine side of the cab wall with
the screw holes properly aligned with the holes in the cab
to the amount of air delivered to the cylinder by the
throttle valve. Therefore, the piston will move further out-
ward when more air is applied to the cylinder and will be
2. Place the valve dial over the valve. Then install the
moved inward, by the return spring, when the applied air
pressure is reduced.
screws to secure the valve to the cab wall.
Figure 9C-13. Throttle Arrangements