is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number Index and the bulk material list in Section II.
f. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertain to the Crane and its components:
TM 5-3810-293-14&P-1 Crane
TM 5-3810-293-14&P-2 Crane
TM 5-3810-293-14&P-3 Crane
6. How to locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups, and listings are divided into the some groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock Number
or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4.1(1). The part numbers
in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b). Both indexes cross-reference you to
the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one youre looking for, then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
For standard abbreviations see MIL-STD-12D, Military Standard Abbreviations For Use On Drawings, Specifications,
Standards And In Technical Documents.