(2) Refer to TM 5-3810-294-20 and perform
the following operations.
(a) Connect transfer case controls.
(b) Connect front, front axle, and intermediate
(c) Fill transfer case with lubricant specified in the
11-11. Front Axle and Spring Assembly
Disconnect air lines from front brake
(2) Disconnect drag link from steering arm
(refer to TM 5-3810-294-20).
(3) Attach a suitable hoist to front of carrier, lift
carrier and block in raised position. Place a suitable floor
jack under center of axle housing.
(4) Disconnect front axle propeller shaft (refer
to TM 5-3810-294-20).
(5) Remove shock absorbers (refer to TM 5-
(6) Remove steering mechanism (refer to para.
axle and spring assembly.
Figure 11-5. Front axle and spring assembly,
removal and installation