cap. Remove the lock cap, roller spring and spring
(3) Place collar assembly (13) in non-pressure
seat washer (14).
plate (10) with the large tapered I.D. of the collar
(7) Remove the rollers from collar assembly
up. Be sure the roller in the collar assembly are
(13). Carefully apply air to the locking port to
properly seated in the groove formed by the piston
assist in removal of collar assembly (13), piston
and collar assembly.
(12), and piston grommet (11).
(4) Place roller spring seal washer (14) on top
(8) Push rod (23) should not be removed
of the rollers. Position roller spring on washer with
unless it is damaged. If the rod is removed, it must
small end against the washer. Position lock cap
be replaced. To remove the rod, place a heavy
(16) on the roller spring. Press the lock cap down
washer over the rod and against shaft assembly (4.)
and install the capscrews. Tighten the capscrews
Then position a spacer and a second washer over
the rod and beneath yoke lock nut (24). Turning
(5) Turn non-pressure plate (10) over and
the lock nut with a wrench will push the shaft
install return spring (9) in the plate with the large
assembly from the rod.
(9) T-bolts (20) can be pressed out of non-
(6) Position push plate and shaft assembly (4)
pressure plate (10) if replacement is necessary.
over return spring (9) and press down so that the
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
shaft moves through the lock. The lock should hold
the shaft in position against the return spring. If
(1) Clean nonmetal pans with a clean cloth
not, check the assembly.
Clean metal parts with an approved cleaning
(7) Install diaphragm (3), pressure plate (2),
solvent and dry thoroughly.
and clamping ring (6). Install bolts (7) and nuts
(2) Inspect all parts for serviceability and
replace defective parts.
(8) Install boot (17). Place splash guard (19)
over boot (17) and T-bolts (20).
reassemble the rear brake chambers as follows:
(9) If push rod (23) was removed, install a
(1) Lubricate piston (12) and collar assembly
new rod. Position retaining ring (18) in the push
(13) bores, shaft (4), piston grommet (11) and
rod slot, then position the rod in shaft assembly (4)
piston (12) with GAA.
and tap the rod into the shaft assembly.
(2) Place piston grommet (11) in the piston
e. Installation. Install rear brake chambers (refer
bore in non-pressure plate (10). Then position the
to TM 5-3810-294-20).
piston with the smooth end down against the