Figure 2-2. Engine and reduction gear assembly, removal and installation
(4) Drain and disconnect fuel lines at the fuel
(1) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and remove the
pump. Cap the fuel lines immediately. Drain engine
muffler, air cleaner hose, battery connections, control
lubricating oil and cooling system.
linkages, indicator lines, and electrical wiring between
(5) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and remove
the engine and operator panel. Tag all leads and wires.
(2) Refer to figure 2-1 and remove the sheet
(6) Refer to figure 2-2, and attach a suitable
metal and covers enclosing the engine and reduction
sling and lifting device to the engine. Remove engine
mounting bolts (fig. 2-3) and lift the engine and
(3) Disconnect the clutch lever and linkage. Dis
reduction gear and clutch assembly from the crane.
connect the propeller shaft from the reduction gear.