controls and the clutch assembly. (fig. 2-2)
(1) Refer to figure 2-2 and attach a suitable sling and
(5) Refer to figure 2-1 and install cab sheet metal
lifting device to the engine lifting brackets.
and covers previously removed.
(2) Place the engine and reduction gear assembly on
(6) Service the engine and reduction gear and
the engine mounting brackets of the revolving frame.
clutch assembly as specified in TM 5-3810-295-12.
Refer to figure 2-3 and install the mounting bolts.
2-11. Reduction Gear and Clutch Assembly
(3) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and perform the
a. General. The reduction gear and clutch assembly is
removed from the crane as a unit along with the crane
engine. The following procedures are for removal of the
(b) Connect fuel lines at the fuel pump and return
reduction gear and clutch assembly from the engine after
the entire unit has been removed from the revolving frame.
(c) Connect all electrical leads and wires removed
(1) Place the engine and reduction gear and clutch
assembly on a suitable overhaul stand.
battery connections, muffler, and air cleaner
(2) Refer to figure 2-4 and remove the reduction
gear and clutch assembly.
(4) Connect clutch linkage between the operator