NOTE: SUITABLE SUPPORT FOR TRANSMISSION MUST BE PROVIDED
DRAIN TRANSMISSION LUBRICANT IN SUITABLE CONTAINER.
REMOVE VENT PIPE.
REMOVE MOUNTING BOLTS AND LOWER TRANSMISSION TO
Figure 12-3. Carrier transmission removal
(4) Lower transmission from the carrier frame.
(1) The transmission, torque converter and its
allied hydraulic system are important links in the drive
line between the engine and wheels. The proper
(1) With a suitable lifting device, lift transmission in
operation of either unit depends greatly on the condition
proper position against mounting brackets on carrier
and operation of the other, therefore, whenever repair or
overhaul of one unit is performed, the balance of the
(2) Rear to figure 12-3 and with transmission
system must be considered before the job can be con-
properly supported install mounting bolts.
(3) Connect all hydraulic lines.
(2) After the overhauled or repaired transmission
has been installed in the machine, the torque converter,
(4) Refer to paragraph 15-8 and install the
oil cooler, filter, and connecting hydraulic system must be
thoroughly cleaned. This can be accomplished several
(5) Refer to figure 12-3 and install the vent pipe as
ways, and a degree of judgment must be exer-cised as
to the method employed.
d. Service Machine after Transmission Overhaul
Change 1 12-4