(10) Check injector cup barrel surface for mutila-
tion and flatness. If mutilation or uneveness are found,
lap for repair.
(11) Inspect cup retainer for damaged threads.
Check fur nicks and burrs outside and inside of cone
(12) Inspect injector barrel plunger bore for scor-
ing. If bore is scored excessively, barrel and plunger
must be replaced.
(13) Using a strong magnifying glass, check for
burrs, carbon, and distorted radii in orifice. If metering
orifice is damaged replace.
(14) Check fuel passage plugs for looseness and
barrel for cracks.
(15) Check injector barrel surfaces for mutilation
and flatness. If uneveness or damage is found, lap to
(16) Check injector ball seat for nicks or burrs. If
the seat is marred, lap) the barrel and replace the check
(17) Check adapter balance orifice for burrs or
other obstructions. Cheek that both fuel passages are
open. Check preformed packing grooves for nicks or
(18) Inspect barrel mating surface on adapter for
nicks or burrs. If any damage is found, lap to repair.
Figure 14-10. Installing cup on barrel
(4) Coat cup retainer threads and cup flange
area, with 20- or 30-wt. lubricating oil and assemble
Refer to figure 14-8.
retainer (30, fig. 14-8) to adapter (35). Screw retainer
a. Reassemble the injector assembly as follows:
down finger tight and loosen one-quarter turn.
(1) Place check ball (33) into top of barrel (32).
(5) Immerse injector plunger (22) in clean
(2) Holding barrel with check ball up, place new
injector test oil and install in adapter without spring.
adapter spiral pins (34) into bared. Couple adapter (35)
(6) Using a suitable fixture align cup (31) and
and barrel (32) together with the spiral pins.
plunger (22). Torque retainer to 50 ft-lb (68 N. m).
(3) With adapter and barrel placed with barrel
(7) Check cup to plunger alignment. If
up, place cup (31) on barrel (fig. 14-10).