(5) Lift piston (12) from valve body (19) and
governor assembly as follows:
remove packing (13).
(1) Install the filters (18) into valve body (19).
(6) Remove piston valve (14) and spring (17)
(2) Install new packing (13) on piston (12) and
from piston (12).
place piston valve (14) and spring (17) in piston (12).
(7) Remove filters (18) from valve body (19).
Install the piston in valve body (19).
(3) Install grommet (11), washer (10), spring
18-12. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair
(16) and exhaust stem (15) into piston (12).
a. Clean all metal parts of the governor assembly
(4) Install spring seat (8), guide (6), spring (9)
with cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680 or
and spring seat (5) on screw (7) and secure with nut (4).
equivalent) and dry thoroughly.
(5) Install spring assembly into valve and
b. Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, excessive
secure with retaining ring (3).
wear or other damage. Repair or replace as necessary.
(6) Install grommet (2) and cover (1) on valve
c. Inspect all fittings and hardware for stripped or
damaged threads. Replace as necessary.
b. Refer to paragraph 18-1 and install the governor
assembly in reverse order of removal.
18-13. Reassembly and Installation
a. Refer to figure 18-4 and reassemble the
REPAIR OF AIR PRESSURE INDICATOR ASSEMBLY
pressure indicator as follows:
18-14. Removal and Disassembly
(1) Remove screws (1) and remove mounting
a. Refer to figure 18-1 and remove the air pressure
bracket (3) from upper housing (2).
indicator assembly as instructed.
b. Refer to figure 18-5 and disassemble the