Unscrew handle knob (4) from handle
(b) Install piston (28), spring (29), cam
(c) Remove spring pin (5) and remove
handle (26) and cam follower (25) in valve body (30).
handle (6). Remove and discard packing (7).
(c) Place new gasket (24) on valve body
(d) Remove handle head (8) from valve
and install cover (23). Secure with screws (22).
cover (23) and remove packing (9) and key washer (10).
(d) Install spring (21), needle stem (19),
(e) Remove adjusting ring (11) taking
piston valve (18), valve guide (17) and spring (16) into
note of the number of turns ring was in valve cover.
valve body (30).
(f) Remove screws (12) and lockwashers
(e) Install new packing (20) on valve seat
(13) and remove plate (14), valve seat (15), spring (16),
(15) and install the seat into valve body (30). Secure
valve guide (17), piston valve (18) and needle stem (19).
(g) Remove packing (20) from valve seat
(f) Install adjusting ring (11) into cover (23)
(15) and discard.
the same number of turns noted in removal.
(h) Remove spring (21) from valve body
(g) Install key washer (10), new packing
(9) and handle head (8) on valve cover (23).
(i) Remove screws (22) and separate
(h) Place new packing (7) on handle and
valve cover (23) from valve body (30). Remove gasket
push handle into handle head (8). Secure with spring pin
(24), cam follower (25), cam handle (26), spring (29) and
piston (28) from valve body (30).
(i) Install handle knob (4) on handle (6).
(j) Remove and discard packing (27)
(j) Install clamp (3) to valve body (30)
from piston (28).
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair
(2) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and reinstall the
(1) Clean all metal parts of the actuating valve
actuating valve assembly.
assembly with cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680 or
equivalent) and dry thoroughly.
18-19. Check Valves
(2) Inspect all parts of the valve for cracks,
a. Removal and Disassembly.
breaks or excessive wear. Repair or replace as
(1) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and remove the
check valve as instructed.
(3) Inspect all fittings and hardware for stripped
(2) Refer to figure 18-8 and disassemble the
or damaged threads. Replace as necessary.
single check valve as follows:
c Reassembly and Installation.
(a) Unscrew the cap nut (], fig. 18-8) from
(1) Refer to figure 18-7 and reassemble the
valve body (6).
actuating valve as fellows:
(a) Install new packing (27) on valve