4 Cap nut
6 Shuttle valve
7 Valve body
Figure 18-9. Double check valve-exploded view.
(b) Remove packing (S) and shuttle valve
double check valve as follows:
(6) from valve body (7).
(a) Install new packing (5) in cap nuts (4)
b. Clening, Inspection and Repair
and install shuttle valve (6) into valve body (7).
(1) Clean all meal parts of the check valves
(b) Place cap nuts (4) on body (7) and
with cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680 or equivalent)
and dry thoroughly.
(3) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and reinstall the
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks or other
check valve assemblies.
damage. Replace or repair as necessary.
(3) Inspect all fittings and mounting hardware
18-20. Drain Valve Assembly
for stripped or damaged threads and replace as
a Removal and Disassembly.
(1) Remove the drain valve assembly per
c Reassembly and Installation
instructions in TM 5-3810-295-12.
(1) Refer to figure 18-8 and reassemble the
(2) Refer to figure 18-10 and disassemble the
single check valve as follows:
drain valve assembly as follows:
(a) Install spring (2), valve seat (5),
(a) Remove spring pin (1) and lift valve
washers (4) and discharge valve (3) into valve body (6).
button (2) from valve assembly.
(b) Screw cap nut (1) on valve body (6).
(2) Refer to figure 18-9 and reassemble the