Figure 18-10. Drain valve assembly - exploded view.
(b) Remove nut (3) from valve body (10).
(b) Install needle stem (9), inlet valve (7),
(c) Remove nut (1), spring (5), spring seat
spring seat (6) and spring (5). Holding spring in place
(6), inlet valve!, (7) and needle stem (!9) from valve body
secure with nut (4)
(c) Install nut (3) to valve body (10).
(d) Remove and discard packing (8) from
(d) Install valve button (2) and secure with
needle .stem (9).
spring pin (1).
b. Cleaning Inspection and Repair
(2) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and install the
(1) Clean all metal parts of the drain valve
drain valve assembly.
assembly with cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680 or
equivalent) and d1ry thoroughly.
18-21. Reservoir Exhaust Control Valve
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks,
a. Removal and Disassembly.
excessive wear or damage. Repair and replace as
(1) Refer to figure 18-1 and remove the
reservoir exhaust control valve as instructed.
(3) Inspect all fittings and hardware for stripped
(2) Refer to figure 18-11 and disassemble the
or damaged threads and replace as necessary.
reservoir exhaust control valve as follows:
c. Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Refer to figure 18-10 and reassemble the
drain valve assembly as described be1low.
(3) and diaphragm (4) from check valve body
(a) Install new packing (,) on needle stem