(c) Install nut (4) on valve body (11) and nut
(d) Remove spring (10) from plunger (9).
(3) on plunger (9).
(e) Remove and discard packing (6, 7
(d) Install dust boot (2) and secure boot on
and 8) from plunger (9).
valve body with loop clamp (1).
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(2) Refer to figure 18-1 and install drain valve
(1) Clean all metal parts of the drain valve
assembly in reverse order of removal.
assembly with cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec.
P-D-680 or equivalent) and dry thoroughly.
18-25. Safety Valve Assembly
(2) Inspect all parts of the valve assembly
for cracks, breaks, excessive wear or other
a. Removal and Disassembly.
damage. Repair or replace as necessary.
(1) Refer to figure 18-1 and remove the safety
(3) Inspect all fittings and hardware for
valve assembly as instructed.
stripped or damaged threads. Replace as
(2) Refer to figure 18-15 and disassemble the
safety valve assembly as follows:
c. Reassembly and Installation
(a) Remove adjusting nut (1) from valve body
(1) Refer to figure 18-14 and reassemble
the drain valve assembly as follows:
(a) Install new packing (6, 7 and 8) on
(b) Install plunger (9) into valve body
(11) and slide spring (10) and valve (5) on
1 Adjusting nut
5 Check ball