(c) Install adjusting nut (1) using the
(c) Remove spring (3), release pin (4)
same number of turns to install as noted in
and check ball (5) from valve body (7).
(d) Remove retainer (6) from valve
(d) Install lock nut (2) and lock adjusting
nut (1) in position.
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(2) Refer to figure 18-1 and install safety
(1) Clean all metal parts of the safety
valve assembly in reverse order of removal.
valve assembly with cleaning solvent (Fed.
Spec. P-D-680 or equivalent) and dry
18-26. Pressure Valve Assembly
(2) Inspect all parts of the safety valve for
a. Removal and Disassembly.
cracks, breaks, excessive wear or other
(1) Refer to figure 18-1 and remove the
damage. Repair or replace as necessary.
pressure valve assembly as instructed.
(3) Inspect fittings and hardware for
(2) Refer to figure 18-16 and disassemble
stripped or damaged threads and replace
the valve assembly as follows:
(a) Remove adjusting cover (1) from
c. Reassembly and Installation.
valve body (12).
(1) Refer to figure 18-15 and reassemble
the safety valve assembly as follows:
(a) Install retainer (6) in valve body (7).
(b) Install check ball (5), release pin (4)
and spring (3) in valve body.