(c) Remove spring (3), spring seat (4), plunger
(5) and plunger (9) from housing (11).
(d) Remove housing (11) from valve body (12)
and remove spring (8), spring seat (7) and check ball
(e) Remove packing (10) from housing (11).
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all metal parts of the pressure valve as-
sembly with cleaning solvent (Fed. Spec. P-D-680 or
equivalent) and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect all parts of the valve assembly for
cracks, breaks, excessive wear or other damage. Repair
or replace as necessary.
(3) Inspect all fittings and hardware for stripped
or damaged threads and replace as necessary.
c. Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Refer to figure 18-16 and reassemble the pres-
sure valve assembly as follows:
(a) Install check ball (6), spring seat (7) and
spring (8) in valve body (12).
(b) Install new packing (10) on housing (11) and
install housing in valve body (12).
(c) Install plunger (9), plunger (5), spring seat
(4) and spring (3) into housing (11).
(d) Screw nut (2) on to valve body for enough to
install adjusting nut.
(e) Install adjusting nut (1) to the valve body the
number of turns noted in removal.
(/) Lock adjusting nut (1) in position with lock
1 Spring pin
(2) Refer to figure 18-1 and install the pressure
2 Push button
valve assembly in reverse order of removal.
18-27. Push Pull Control Valve
a. Removal and Disassembly.
5 Valve cover
(1) Refer to figure 18-1 and remove the push pull
control valve as instructed.
(2) Refer to figure 18-17 and disassemble the con-
trol valve as follows:
(a) Remove spring pin (1) and remove push but-
20. Pipe plug
tom (2) from plunger (14).
(b) Remove nut (3) from upper body (19).
Figure 18-17. Push pull control valve exploded view