(c) Remove screw (6) and lockwasher
(b) Install new packing (13) on plunger (14)
(7) and separate the valve cover (5), valve
and install plunger and spring (16) in upper
body (18) and upper body (19).
(d) Remove spring (8) and piston (11)
(c) Install insert (15), washer (4) and nut (12)
from the valve body.
on plunger (14).
(e) Remove and discard packing (9 and
(d) Install new packing (17) on valve cover
10) from valve body (18).
(5) and new packing (9 and 10) on valve body
(f) Remove and discard packing (17)
from valve cover (5).
(e) Install piston (11) and spring (8) into
(g) Remove nut (12), washer (4) and
valve body (18) and mate the valve cover, valve
insert (15) from plunger (14).
body and upper body together. Secure with
(h) Remove plunger (14) and spring
(16) from upper body (19).
(f) Install nut (3) on upper body (19).
(i) Remove and discard packing (13)
(g) Install push button (2) on plunger (14)
from plunger (14).
and secure with spring pin (1).
(j) Remove pipe plug (20) from the
(2) Refer to paragraph 18-1 and install the
upper valve body.
push pull control valve in reverse order of
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all metal parts of the push pull
control valve with cleaning solvent (Fed.
18-28. Relay Valve Assembly
Spec. P-D-680 or equivalent) and dry
a. Removal and Disassembly.
(2) Inspect all parts of the control valve
(1) Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and remove
for breaks, cracks, excessive wear or other
the relay valve assembly as instructed.
damage and repair as necessary.
(2) Refer to figure 18-18 and disassemble the
(3) Inspect all fittings and hardware for
valve assembly as follows:
stripped or damaged threads and replace
c. Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Refer to figure 18-17 and reassemble
the push pull control valve as follows:
(a) Install pipe plug (20) in the upper