19-19. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair
a. Clean all parts with cleaning solvent (Fed.
c. Refer to figure 19-8 and reassemble the rear
Spec. P-D-680, or equivalent) and dry thoroughly
outrigger assemblies as follows:
with compressed air.
(1) Assemble ball socket halves (22) together on
b Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, or other
(20) and cap screws (19).
c Repair or replace all defective parts. Repair
(2) Install reflectors (18) on outrigger arm (23).
parts by welding when necessary.
Secure with nuts (17), lock washers (16) and cap
Replace all preformed packing when
(3) Connect lead assembly (14) to the lamp
19-20. Reassembly and Installation
assembly and install lamp ring (13) and lamp (12) to
a. Refer to figure 19-6 and reassemble the float
outrigger arm (23) with screws (11).
pad assembly as follows:
(4) Install stop light assembly in outrigger arm (23)
(1) Install chain (6) on bar pin (5). Assemble
with lockwashers (10) and cap screws (9).
bar pin (5) to toggle pin (4) with roll pin (3).
(5) Position hydraulic lines (8) on outrigger arm
(2) Assemble float plate (7) to float pad (8) with
(23) and install clamp (7). Secure with lockwasher (6)
lockwashers (2) and cap screws (1).
and cap screw (5).
b. Refer to figure 19-7 and reassemble the front
(6) Assemble preformed packing (4), elbow (3),
outrigger assembly in the following manner.
coupling (2) and adapter (1) on hydraulic lines (8).
(1) Place ball socket half (15) together on
d. Refer to figure 19-5 and install the outrigger
hydraulic cylinder ball and secure with nuts (14),
assemblies in the following manner.
lockwashers (13) and cap screws (12).
(1) With a suitable lifting device position outrigger
(2) Set hydraulic line (11) in proper position on
assembly to carrier frame and install four mounting
outrigger arm (16) and install clamp (10). Secure
with lockwasher (9) and screw (8).
(2) Reconnect all hydraulic lines tagged in the
(3) Install preformed packing (7), elbow (6),
coupling (5) and adapter (4) on hydraulic lines (11).
e. Refer to TM 5-3810-295-12 and install the
(4) Assemble step plate (3) to outrigger arm
outrigger float pads.
Section VI. REPAIR OF OUTRIGGER HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS
19-21. Removal and Disassembly
screws and lockwashers and remove hydraulic cylinder
a. Refer to figure 19-9 and remove four mounting
from the outrigger assembly.