CONTROLS, GAGES AND INDICATORS
The items that follow identify the controls, gages, and indicators in the Carrier Cab. Also, the paragraphs specify
the purpose of each control, indicator, and gage. The index numbers on the illustration correspond to the
numbers in the paragraphs.
1. REMOTE THROTTLE CONTROL. Controls operation of the Superstructure throttle. When in the ON
position allows the Superstructure air throttle system to control engine rpm.
2. VOLTMETER. Indicates the battery condition, when alternator is not producing electromotive force
(volts). Also, shows condition of the charging system when engine is operating.
3. ENGINE OIL PRESSURE GAGE. Normal operating pressures should remain in a range of 40 to 60 psi.
4. ENGINE WATER TEMPERATURE GAGE. Normal temperature indication should be in the range of 170"
to 185 F. If temperature indication is abnormal, operation of automatic radiator shutters and/or the
thermostat should be checked.
5. ENGINE TACHOMETER. Indicates revolutions per minute at which engine is operating.
MAIN AIR SYSTEM PRESSURE GAGE. (Not Shown). Indicates pressure in main air tank. Operating
range is normally between 95 and 125 psi. If pressure drops below 75 psi, a low pressure warning buzzer
will operate and the red warning light will illuminate.
FUEL GAGE. (Not Shown). Indicates fuel tank quantity in fractions of the total tank capacity.