Before starting each day, check or inspect as follows to assure trouble-free performance:
1. Be sure oil level is at, or close to, the FULL mark. Do not overfill. If it is necessary to add lube oil, specify the
same grade and brand as that already in the crankcase. Do NOT mix oils.
2. Maintain the coolant level near the top of the radiator or surge tank.
3. Check the ground below the vehicle for signs of leaks. If noted, check hoses and lines for leaks. Be sure
condition causing leak is corrected before starting out.
4. Check level of fuel in the tank and make sure gage is reading correctly. Drain a small amount of fuel from the fuel
strainer to remove any water or contaminates that may have settled in the bottom.
Equally important as the pre-starting checks, is a complete safety check of your vehicle:
1. Make a check of safety equipment, including all lights, windshield wipers, washers, washer liquid supply, horn,
instruments, air pressure, all brakes, signaling devices, etc.
2. Check tires before you start.
3. Check clutch pedal by hand for "free travel".
4. If PTO operation is to be used, check for proper operation and signal system indication.
5. Adjust seat and mirrors for clear vision and safe driving.
BEFORE STARTING ENGINE
Set Parking Brake, Depress clutch pedal and check gear shift levers and PTO for neutral position. Make sure
EMERGENCY STOP and air valve on the air box (if it was used to stop the engine) are in run position.