CAREFULLY READ ALL CRANE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING "PRELOAD
CHECK" AND OPERATING MACHINE UNDER LOAD.
Raise boom from rest and swing to over rear.
Raise, lower, and swing boom right and left a minimum of 45 degrees.
Telescope boom in and out; be sure to extend and retract sections proportionally.
Raise and lower cable a few times at various boom lengths, making certain that there is no kinking.
HANDLING THE LOAD.
Safety of the operator and ground personnel holds top priority in load handling operations. The following
safety guidelines should take precedence with the operator.
NEVER PERFO'RM LIFTING OPERATIONS WITH BOOM IN "OVER-THE-FRONT" POSITION.
1. Do not lift a load if machine is not level and firmly positioned on properly extended outriggers.
2. Make certain that the area around and beneath load is clear, and kept clear, of all obstructions and
3. Always use proper chains or slings applicable to type of load.
4. Make certain that all ground crew personnel are wearing approved head gear.
5. Long cantilever booms can create a tipping condition when in extended and lowered positions.
Extend and retract boom proportionally with reference to capacity of applicable load chart.
6. Refer to applicable capacity load chart before lifting loads.
7. When operating with single or multi-part line, no less than two wraps should remain on hoist drum.
The operator should also be aware of the following important precautions in order to avoid subjecting his
machine to undue stresses and loads.