2. THE KRUGER LMI SYSTEM
What it is ·
1. An electro-mechanical sensing system developed to indicate approaching manufacturers maximum rated lifting
What it does ·
By programming with mode selector switch it-
Lift cylinder pressure
2. Electronically compares actual load moment to rated load moment.
Within the system it ·
1. Continually measures boom length.
2. Continually senses boom angle in respect to the horizontal.
3. Senses the position of the crane boom in relation to the front center of the crane chassis (working area).
4. Electrically duplicates the manufacturers rated working loads for the crane (lifting capacity chart).
The System then.
1. Integrates the programmed electrical inputs from boom length, working position, boom angle and boom lift
cylinders hydraulic pressure, and compares this data to the manufacturers rated lifting capacity for identical operating
conditions (electrical duplicate of the lifting capacity chart) and in the event of a no overload of the crane, displays the
relative load moment on the operator's console or-
2. Should the combined inputs indicate an overload condition, the system activates an audi-visual alarm.