TM 5-3810-300-24 & P2
11. Install the oil seal (12) in the bearing
1. Thoroughly clean the gearbox and all components
support housing (11).
12. Press the inner bearing (9) into the bearing support
2. Inspect all bearings, cups, and races, including
those not removed. Replace if the bearings or cups are
worn, pitted, or damaged in any way.
13. Press the input shaft (14) into the bearing support
3. Inspect all gear teeth and splined shafts for wear or
14. Install the snap ring (8) in the groove on the input
Ensure the breather plug (41) is open.
15. Press the outer bearing (7) into the support bearing.
1. Press the bearings (25, 20 and 18) on the output
pinion gears (26 and 38) and the pinion gear (19).
2. Install the pinion gear (19) and the output pinion
On some machines the snap ring (6)
gears in the gearbox (23).
must be installed in the bearing
support housing (11) before the
bearing is installed.
These gears do not have to be timed.
16. Install the shift shaft assembly in the input shaft
3. Install the pump mounting adaptors (28 and 36),
lockwashers (34)., and nuts (33) and tighten securely.
17. Install the support bearing housing assembly in the
Install the shift shaft oil seal (37).
5. Install the detent ring (39) on the connector shaft
(4). Install a steel backup washer (2) and then a bronze
thrust washer (3) on the shift shaft (40).
1. Install the pump drive on the frame mounting
6. Ensure the bronze thrust washer is next to the
connector shaft on the shift shaft.
7. Install the connector shaft (4) on the shift shaft (40)
2. Mount both pumps on the pump drive: install the
with the long end toward the remaining roll pin.
lockwashers and bolts, and tighten securely. Connect
the plumbing as tagged prior to removal.
8. Install the bronze thrust washer (3) next to the
connector shaft. Install a steel backup washer next to
3. Fill to the proper level.
Refer to Servicing this
the bronze backup washer.
9. Install the roll pin (5) in the mounting hole in the
Install the cable on the shift shaft.
shift shaft (40).
5. Mate the yoke flange and the input flange, and
10. Place the shift shaft snap ring (1) in the shift shaft
install the bolts, washer, and nuts.
snap ring groove.
The rear of the box (the side with the input flange) has
If the input shaft assembly has been
two plugs on the right side and three plugs on the left
side.The oil level must be high enough to run out the
bottom of the center hole on the left side. Use 90
following steps, otherwise proceed
weight EP gear oil.
to step 16.