TM 5-3810-300-24 & P2
1. Remove the Steering Knuckle.
To remove the steering knuckle assembly from the axle center, use the following procedures:
A. Jack up the front end of vehicle so that tires clear floor. Block up securely at this position and remove jacks.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DISASSEMBLE OR PERFORM STEERING KNUCKLE REPAIRS WITH VEHICLE
SUPPORTED BY JACKS ONLY.
B. Remove the hub cap from hub. Then, remove jam nut, wheel bearing adjusting nut and lock washers from
C. Remove the outer wheel bearing cone.
D. Remove wheel and hub assembly.
E. Remove brake air chambers on units equipped with air brakes, or hydraulic lines on units equipped with hydraulic
1. Capscrew & Lock Washer
2. Grease Fitting
3. Upper Steering Knuckle Cap
5. Upper Knuckle Pin Bushing
6. Steering Knuckle
7. Upper Grease Seal
8. Draw Key
9. Axle Center
10. Draw Key Nut
12. Lower Seal & Gasket Assembly. (If Req'd)
13. Thrust Bearing & Gasket Assembly. (If Req'd.)
14. Knuckle Pin
15. Lower Knuckle Pin Bushing
17. Lower Steering Knuckle Cap
18. Grease Fitting
19. Capscrew & Lock Washer