1. Set up dial indicator graduated in thousandths with the mechanical clamp or magnetic base affixed to the knuckle
spindle such that the knuckle can be turned freely.
2. Place the dial indicator plunger on the exposed end
of the knuckle pin such that its line of action is
approximately parallel to the knuckle pin center line.
3. Zero the dial indicator.
4. Using a suitable lever or block and lever, lift the
knuckle and take the dial reading.
5. Turn the knuckle.
6. Repeat steps one through five for three knuckle positions.
7. Three steering knuckle positions are necessary to measure the end play with the dial indicator. The positions are: full
right turn, full left turn and the straight ahead position.
CURRECT SPECIFICATIONS ADD SHIMS AS REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN .005" MINIMUM TO .025"
MAXIMUM END PLAY THRU FULL RANGE OF TURN. GROWTH THROUGH NORMAL WEAR MAY
EXCEED THE SPECIFIED MAXIMUM BY .040".