Front Suspension. (Reyco)
The illustration shows the Front Suspension and specifies torque values to be applied.
Rear Suspension. (Hendrickson)
The illustration shows the Rear Suspension, and specified torque values to be applied.
Toe-In and Synchronization of Steering Axles.
1. Toe-in Alignment Gage.
2. Eight (8) Foot Straight Edge.
1. Scribe a horizontal line on the tire tread of each of the front steering wheels. Rotate wheels until these marks are to
the front of the carrier.
2. Place toe-in gauge at front of tires at the scribed marks. Set scale to zero.
3. Rotate wheels so scribe marks are to the rear. Place gauge at rear of wheel and set pointer on toe-in gauge; (Both
readings should be taken with gauge at same height from ground).
4. Reading on scale is amount of toe-in or toe-out of wheels; (Greater distance at rear of wheel than at front is indication
5. Make necessary adjustment to obtain 1/8" toe-in and recheck results.
6. Tighten both tie-rod clamps.
7. Repeat above procedure for toe-in of axle #2.
STEER CYLINDER ALIGNMENT.
1. Position wheels straight and check that the two steering cylinders are at the center of their travel. (Approximately 6
2. Adjust as required by loosening clamp at the shaft end of each cylinder.
1. After toe-in adjustment is completed, allow wheels to rest in a level surface.
2. Place a straight edge against the hubs of the left side wheels. Steer manually until front axle is straight. (Distance
from straight edge to curb side edge of rim to be the same on-both the left and right hand side of the carrier.
3. Measure distance from straight edge to a point on the forward part of the rim of axle #2.
4. Move straight edge to right hand wheels and place against the hubs. Measure distance as in item #3.