6. Thoroughly clean the body before installing a new or
Do not mix hydraulic oil of different types or brands.
Use only approved oils listed in the lubrication chart in
7. Make sure that the clamp is tight.
8. A new element must be installed once a year if not re-
4. Loosen the drain plug at the bottom of the reservoir and
allow any accumulated water to drain. Tighten the plug
after all the water has drained.
CHECK CONTROL AND PROPEL
CHECK HIGH PRESSURE FILTER INDICATOR
RESERVOIR OIL LEVEL
The high pressure filter is located directly in front of the hy-
To check the control and propel reservoir oil level, proceed
draulic reservoir and is accessible from under the platform.
The filter is equipped with a bypass indicator located on the
1. Be sure the machine is on level ground. Lower the load
top of the filter. If the filter element becomes plugged, the
or hook to the ground.
filter will bypass and the red indicator will move up and be-
2. Check the oil level, by means of the sight gauge on the
come visible. When the filter is bypassing it is inoperative as
outside of the reservoir on the left rear side of the machine
The gauge on the reservoir has two level marks. The
CHECK MACHINE FOR LEAKS AND DAMAGE
oil should be to the high level on the gauge if the
crawler tracks are retracted. The oil level should be
Make a complete visual inspection of the entire machine,
kept as close to the high level as possible at all times.
looking for leaks, loose connections, or any other unsafe
conditions. Repair or replace any faults whicharefound be-
3. Add oil, as necessary, to bring the level up to the appro-
fore placing the machine in service.
priate level mark.