EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA
EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES, AND FEATURES
The 7 1/2 Ton Crane is a wheel-mounted, self-contained, two-wheel/four-wheel drive, two-wheel/four-wheel steering
crane. A diesel engine powers the 7 1/2 Ton Crane, driving through a powershift transmission with tandem pump
hydraulic power for operation of the crane, outriggers, fully revolving upperstructure, and steering system.
The 7 1/2 Ton Crane design meets all applicable requirements of OSHA, EPA, PCSA Std. #4, ANSI B30.5, and
specified SAE Standards.
The capabilities of the 7 1/2 Ton Crane include:
· 15,000 lb (6,804 kg) at up to a 10 ft (3 m) radius throughout 360 degree rotation
· 4,000 lb (1,814 kg) at up to a 30 ft (9 m) radius throughout 360 degree rotation
· 13,600 lb (6,169 kg) straight over the front on tires, no rotation, without use of outriggers.
· Up to 22 mph (35 kph) on level, hard surfaces.
· Up to 2.5 mph (4.0 kph) carrying a 4,500 lb (2,041 kg) load, with boom extended
20 ft (6.1 m) straight over the front.
Rough terrain travel when placed in four-wheel drive.
Continuous operation in temperatures up to 120°F (49°C) or altitudes up to 5,000 ft (1,524 m).
Fording up to 30 inches (76 cm) of water.
Safe to operate in ammunition and petroleum dumps.
The following are features of the 7 1/2 Ton Crane:
Upperstructure. Includes counterweight and hydraulic winch.
Boom Attachment. Includes crane boom, boom lift cylinder, and hook block.
Carrier. Includes chassis, frame, engine, transmission, swing bearing, planetary axles, outriggers,
operator cab, fuel tank, hydraulic reservoir, batteries, and tool compartment.