· Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and
low-toxic material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective
gloves and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other
sources of ignition.
· Improper cleaning methods and use of unauthorized cleaning solvents may injure
personnel and damage equipment.
· Fire extinguishers should be placed nearby when using solvent cleaning compound.
· Cloths or rags saturated with solvent cleaning compound must be disposed of IAW
authorized facilities' procedures.
· Eye shields must be worn when cleaning with a wire brush.
· Particles blown by compressed air are hazardous. Use a maximum of 30 psi (207 kPa)
when cleaning components. DO NOT exceed 15 psi (103 kPa) nozzle pressure when
drying parts with compressed air. DO NOT direct compressed air against human skin.
Make sure air stream is directed away from user and other personnel in the area. User
must wear protective goggles or face shield.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
Clean parts IAW General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0162).
Clean all parts and surfaces with solvent cleaning compound.
Soak all parts in lubricating oil prior to installation.
END OF TASK
Inspect parts IAW General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0162).
Inspect all parts for wear, pitting, cracks or corrosion, and replace if necessary.
END OF TASK