TIRES AND WHEELS MAINTENANCE
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (WP 0171, Table 1,
10 Ton Jack Stand (WP 0171, Table 1, Item 19)
Vehicle parked on level ground (TM
Lubricant, Tire and Rim (WP 0170, Table 1, Item
Boom in horizontal position and fully retracted (TM
33) Qty: 1
Rag, Wiping (WP 0170, Table 1, Item 52) Qty: 1
· Never reinflate a tire that has been run flat or seriously underinflated without removing
and checking for tire tube or rim damage.
· Never exceed 3 psi (21 kPa) inflation prior to placing tire and wheel assembly into inflation
safety cage or mounting on a tire change machine that has a positive lockdown device.
· Always inflate tires that are mounted on rims with demountable side ring flanges or lock
rings in an inflation safety cage.
· When inflating tires in an inflation cage, always use extension are hose and pneumatic
· Improperly seated side ring flanges or lock rings may fly off during inflation. Never attempt
to seat a side ring flange or lock ring during inflation or after inflation.
· Never inflate tires over 40 psi (276 kPa) to seat tire beads. If beads do not seat, deflate,
demount, and check the tire/rim match. Mount and lubricate according to instructions.
· When inflating tires mounted on the vehicle, all personnel must remain a minimum of
10 ft (3.1 m) away from tire and not in possible path of lock ring or rim flange. Should they
fly off, serious injury or death may result.
· Failure to follow these warnings may cause injury or death to personnel.