GROUND DRIVEN STEERING PUMP MAINTENANCE
Tools and Special Tools
Rag, Wiping (WP 0170, Table 1, Item 52) Qty: 1
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (WP 0171, Table 1,
Sealing Compound, Loctite 515 (WP 0170, Table
Face Shield, Industrial (WP 0171, Table 1, Item
1, Item 58) Qty: 1
Tag, Marker (WP 0170, Table 1, Item 68) Qty: 1
Washer, Lock 7/16 Inch Regular (WP 0172, Table
Goggles, Industrial (WP 0171, Table 1, Item 27)
1, Item 51) Qty: 4
Wrench, Torque, Click Ratcheting 3/8 Inch Drive
Adhesive, 1 Pint Can (WP 0170, Table 1, Item 1)
Boom in horizontal position and fully retracted (TM
Cap Set, Protective, Dust and Moisture Seal
Cleaning Compound, Solvent, Type III (WP 0170,
Table 1, Item 9) Qty: 1
Parts Kit, Seal Repl (WP 0172, Table 1, Item 26)
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut
down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before
applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing
any hydraulic fitting.
· Wear protective eye covering.
· Avoid sudden movement of vehicle.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid
IAW local policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.