INSTALLATION - Continued
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut
down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before
applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing
any hydraulic fitting.
· Wear protective eye covering.
· Avoid sudden movement of vehicle.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid
IAW local policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
Close dipstick cap. Connect battery cables (WP 0076). Start engine (TM 5-3810-305-10) and operate winch
control lever. Make sure components operate correctly. Check for leaks.
Check hydraulic oil level. Fill to proper level as necessary (TM 5-3810-305-10).
END OF TASK
Disconnect brake release hose (Figure 2, Item 1) attached to winch motor, lower port and cap tee before
checking pressure. Vent hose to atmosphere.
Figure 2. Winch Control Valve Test and Adjustment.