REMOVAL - Continued
Never disconnect hydraulic lines or fittings before venting pressure. Turn dipstick cap 1/4 turn
to safety notch to relieve pressure. Failure to follow this warning may cause death or injury
Turn dipstick cap 1/4 turn to safety notch to relieve pressure.
Release all line pressure by turning ignition switch ON and operating control levers for boom, hoist extend
and winch in the operator's compartment. Turn ignition switch OFF. Disconnect battery cables.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is
shut down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections
before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before
removing any hydraulic fitting.
· Wear protective eye covering.
· Avoid sudden movement of vehicle.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of
fluid IAW local policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Remove lower hoses first and using a suitable container, catch oil that drains from
manifold and lines.
· Tag all hose assemblies before disconnecting to aid in installation. Cap and plug all
ports. Remove caps, plugs and tags following maintenance.
· Record port number stamped on manifold and type of adapter in each port before