INSTALLATION - Continued
Weight of boom is approximately 3,100 lb (1,406 kg). Use adequate lifting equipment to lift
and support boom. DO NOT lift over personnel or let personnel walk underneath suspended
load. Failure to follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
Remove lifting device from boom.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut
down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before
applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing
any hydraulic fitting.
· Wear protective eye covering.
· Avoid sudden movement of vehicle.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid
IAW local policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
Close dipstick cap. Start engine and operate control levers for boom hoist, extend and winch several
times to remove any air trapped in the system. Check hydraulic oil level. Fill to proper level, if necessary
refer to (TM 5-3810-305-10).
END OF TASK
Place boom in resting position (TM 5-3810-305-10).
Check for proper operation.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE