SWING MOTOR MAINTENANCE
Tools and Special Tools
Parts Kit, Seal Repl (WP 0172, Table 1, Item 170)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (WP 0171, Table 1,
Rag, Wiping (WP 0170, Table 1, Item 52) Qty: 1
Sealing Compound, Loctite 271 (WP 0170, Table
Wrench, Torque, Click, Ratcheting 3/8 inch Drive,
1, Item 57) Qty: 1
Sealing Compound, Loctite 515 (WP 0170, Table
1, Item 58) Qty: 1
Tag, Marker (WP 0170, Table 1, Item 68) Qty: 1
Antiseize Compound (WP 0170, Table 1, Item 5)
Cap Set, Protective Dust and Moisture Seal
Grease, Automotive and Artillery (WP 0170, Table
1, Item 20) Qty: 1
Boom in horizontal position and fully retracted (TM
1, Item 27) Qty: 1
Lubricating Oil, Hydraulic MIL-L-2104 OE, 10
Deck plates removed (TM 5-3810-305-10)
171) Qty: 1
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system lines or fitting unless engine is shut
down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before
applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing
any hydraulic fitting.
· Wear protective eye covering.
· Avoid sudden movement of vehicle.
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid
IAW local policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.