Explanation of Columns (Sections II and III). - (Continued)
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the Basis of Issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipment s supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the BOI, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given figure
in Section II.
OTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity may vary from application to application.
Explanation of Columns (Section IV).
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However,
the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures are
in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
Column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group
in order A through Z, followed by numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).