Explanation of Columns (Section IV). - (Continued)
(1) FSCM Column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section II
(5) ITEM Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in
the adjacent figure number column.
Special Information. Use the following subparagraphs as applicable:
USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column heading.
Usable on codes are shown as "UOC: . . . applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to
all models. Identification of the usable on codes used in the RPSTL are:
FABRICATION INSTRUCTIONS. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material
Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column of the
line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for item source codes to be
manufactured or fabricated are found in TM 5-3810-306-20 or -34.