How to Locate Repair Parts. - (Continued)
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on the
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4.a(1)). The
part numbers in the Part Number Index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b). Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
7. Abbreviations. (Abbreviations must be applicable to specific RPSTL and not listed in MIL-STD-12).
Aviation Unit Maintenance
Basis of Issue
(consists of the last
9-digits of the NSN)