(13) Using standard seal removal tool, remove seal ring (128) from cover (118). Discard seal ring.
(14) Remove snap ring (129), and using a standard bearing puller, remove bearing (130) from cover
(15) Using standard seal removal tool, remove retainer (131) and seal (132) from cover (118). Discard
retainer and seal.
Compressed air used for cleaning can create airborne particles that may enter
the eyes. Wear safety goggles and limit air pressure to 30 psi (207 kPa).
Stone off all machined surfaces with a medium grit carborundum stone, deburr bearing bores, rinse
parts in solvent, dry parts with compressed air, and wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth.
Coat outer edge of new seal (132) and its recess with Form-a-Gasket No. 3 non-hardening sealant,
and press seal (132) into cover (118) until seal is flush with face of recess. Wipe off extra sealant.
Press new retainer (131) and bearing (130) into cover (118), then install snap ring (129).
If removed, install check valve (121) in cover (118) and peen edge of hole with a 1 in. (3.8 cm)
Press new seal ring (128) into shaft bearing hole of cover (118) ensuring notch in ring will be next to
Press bearings (127) into cover (118).
Cut two pocket seals (126) 7/32 in. (5.5 mm) long, grease seals well with multi-purpose grease, and
install them in the middle slots on the reverse side of thrust plate (125).
With pocket seals (126) facing down, position thrust plate (125) over bearings (127), and tap thrust
plate down to approximately 1/32 in. (0.8 mm) from machined surface of cover (118).
Cut four pocket seals (126) 1/4 in. (6.4 mm) long and insert one pocket seal into each slot in thrust
plate (125). Press pocket seals down until they touch bearings (127), tap thrust plate down firmly
against machined surface of cover (118), and trim pocket seals flush with top of thrust plate.
(10) Tape splined end of shaft (120), lightly grease tape and shaft, and insert shaft into cover (118) with a
twisting motion until gear of shaft rests against thrust plate (125). Remove tape.
(11) Insert gear (119), as marked during disassembly, into cover (118) meshing gears with gears on
(12) Apply multipurpose grease to new gaskets (122) and install gaskets in grooves on both sides of gear
(13) Carefully install gear housing (115) over shaft (120) and gear (119), line up match marks on cover
(118) with marks on gear housing (115), and gently tap gear housing with a plastic hammer until
seated against cover (118). Squirt oil over gears to provide initial lubrication for pump.