Install the buffer seal, deep Z seal, and wiper
ring inside the head ensuring the seals are
assembled properly and installed in the correct
Avoid scratching or damaging the
grooved or gland surfaces or the rings
Install the O-ring and backup ring onto the
outside of the head.
11. Lubricate the cylinder rod assembly with clean
hydraulic oil and install the rod assembly into the
Install the cylinder head onto the rod.
cylinder with a slight twisting motion.
Install the rod spacer. Install the O-ring and
12. Clean all oil from the threads of the head and
backup rings inside the piston and install the piston
coat the threads with NEVER-SEEZ (paste-type)
onto the rod. Secure the piston in place with the
13. Using a spanner wrench, tighten the head
14. Install the setscrew to secure the cylinder
Do not use air pressure to cycle or
pressurize the cylinder. Use only a
source of controlled hydraulic oil
15. Pressurize and cycle the cylinder. Check for
proper operation and any leakage.
10. Install the hydrolock seals and guide lock ring