11. Install the hydrolock seals and guide lock ring
Improper installation of seals could
cause faulty cylinder operation.
Install the buffer seal, deep Z seal, and wiper
Avoid scratching or damaging the
ring inside the head ensuring the seals are
grooved or gland surfaces or the rings
assembled properly and installed in the correct
12. Lubricate the cylinder rod assembly with clean
Install the wear ring, O-ring, and backup ring
hydraulic oil and install the rod assembly into the
onto the outside of the head.
cylinder with a slight twisting motion.
Install the cylinder head onto the rod.
13. Clean all oil from the threads of the head and
coat the threads with NEVER-SEEZ (paste-type)
Install the spacer onto the rod.
10. Install the O-ring and backup rings inside the
14. Using a spanner wrench, tighten the head
piston and install the piston onto the rod. Secure the
piston in place with the setscrew.
15. Install the setscrew to secure the cylinder
Do not use air pressure to cycle or
pressurize the cylinder. Use only a
source of controlled hydraulic oil
16. Pressurize and cycle the cylinder. Check for
proper operation and any leakage.