48. Position a new gasket and O-ring on the rear of
50. Tap the cover in place and secure with bolts and
the housing. A light coat of chassis grease will hold
the gasket in place. Install two aligning studs in the
housing, to facilitate alignment of the rear cover to
the housing. Position the lock ball in the idler rear
51. Tighten the cover bolts to the torque specified in
49. Align the lock ball in the idler shaft rear bearing
with the notch in the rear of the transmission cover.
52. From the front, tap the 1st and 2nd clutch to the
rear until the rear bearing locating ring groove is
exposed. Install the locating ring.