10. Install the wheel safety nut. Refer to the Wheel
13. The axial clearance between the axle shaft and the
Bearing Rolling Resistance and Wheel Safety Nut charts
thrust ring with respect to the adjusting screw on the
for proper installation and adjustment procedures.
planetary gear housing should be 0.118 to 0.276 in. (0.3 to
0.7 mm). Refer to Axial Clearance Adjustment and set the
11. Slip the thrust ring (9) onto the axle spindle and
secure in place. Secure with LOCTITE 270.
On certain types of axles, the brake drum will
not be secured with mounting screws
because of the danger of gripping caused by
14. Install the brake drum and bolt it in place with the
mounting screws. On certain types of axles, the brake
drum will not be secured with mounting screws because of
the danger of gripping caused by rust.
12. Slip the sun gear (10) onto the axle shaft and install
the retaining clip (11). Move the axle shaft towards the
inside until the retaining clip contacts the sun gear and the
sun gear contacts the thrust ring.