It is necessary to switch on the differential
lock to prevent the sliding sleeve from
dropping out of the shift fork and into the
axle housing when pulling out or sliding in
the universal joint or axle shaft. This would
mean disassembly of the axle.
7. Install the needle bearing, the seals, and the lock
rings, in the same manner as the steering knuckle.
9. Carefully install the long axis of the axle shaft into the
Steps 10 and 11 are for alignment of the
10. Turn the axle housing in both directions, with the axle
shafts installed, until a large resistance is felt. Note this
position and move the axle housing to an average position.
8. Install the complete differential assembly with the
differential lock system. The axle housing must be in a
11. Using screws coated with LOCTITE 262, secure the
differential assembly to the axle housing in this position.
INSTALLATION OF THE STEERING KNUCKLE TO
THE AXLE HOUSING.
The differential lock should always be
switched to the ON position when installing
or removing the universal joint or axle shaft.
If necessary, loosen the control cylinder from
Coat all installation bolts with LOCTITE 262.
the a control lever and hold the lock down by
hand or fasten it down in place.