1. Press the oil seal into the end cover.
8. Set the cylinder housing on the brake housing im-
mediately to permit an even spread of RTV.
Place the shaft in the brake housing.
9. Install the four bolts and washers. Alternately
3. Place the stators and brake discs over the splined
tighten the bolts, and torque them to 35 pounds-foot (4.8
shaft into the brake housing. Ensure the proper order is
maintained (brake disc, stator, brake disc, stator).
4. Lubricate and install new O-rings and backup rings
on the piston and the cylinder head.
5. Install the cylinder head and the piston into the
Any maintenance involving disassem-
6. Insert the compression springs into the counter-
bly of the swing gearbox should in-
bores on the piston.
clude the replacement of all seals and
7. Apply a thin, even film of RTV Sealant to the brake
housing according to the following procedure:
For ease of alignment, scribe or mark a
line through the end cover, internal
gear, and hub.
Minor concentrations of acetic acid vapor
1. Remove the plugs and drain the housing com-
may be produced during application.
Adequate ventilation should be provided
when silicone RTV is applied in confined
Steps 2 and 3 are only necessary if the
swing brake and motor have not been
Eye contact with these silicone RTV
materials may cause irritation. If eye
contact occurs, flush eyes with water
2. Position the swing box on a clean work surface,with
for 15 minutes and have the eyes
the swing motor up, and remove the capscrews and
examined by a doctor.
washers securing the motor to the gear housing cover.
Remove the motor.
a. Remove dirt, grease, or moisture from the mating
the brake assembly. Remove the brake assembly.
4. Remove the thrust races and thrust bearing from
b. Dry the surfaces.
the first stage planet carrier. Remove the spacer.
c. Apply a thin bead, maximum 0.125 inch (3.175
5. Remove the first stage planet carrier assembly.
mm) diameter, completely around one mating surface
and all fastener holes to ensure complete sealing and to
6. Remove the thrust races and thrust bearing from
the second stage planet carrier.