5. Place the brake assembly in a suitable press;
using a sleeve larger than the overrunning clutch,
compress the springs.
Any maintenance involving disas-
sembly of the hoist should include re-
placement of all gaskets and 0-rings.
Two large C-clamps can be used to
compress the springs for removal of
the snap ring.
1. Disconnect the hydraulic lines to the brake
6. Remove the snap ring; relieve the pressure
housing; cap or plug all lines and openings.
from the springs and remove the assembly from
2. Remove the bolts and washers securing the
brake assembly to the right end cover.
7. Remove the pressure plate, brake discs, brake
stators, and backing plate from the housing.
3. Using a soft faced hammer, tap the assembly
until loose and remove it from the hoist
8. Set the housing on a flat surface with the
mounting face down.
4. Remove the O-ring from the groove in the
Remove the capscrews securing the brake pis-
ton to the housing.