Page 15/(16 Blank)
12. Install the brake discs and brake stators into
the housing in the order which they were removed.
13. Install the pressure plate.
14. Place the assembly in a suitable press; using a
sleeve larger than the overrunning clutch, compress
15. Install the snap ring; remove the unit from the
The direction of free rotation of the
overrunning clutch should be counter-
16. Remove the overrunning clutch and spacer
from the brake assembly. Install the key and over-
running clutch on the main shaft and secure it with
the snap ring.
Remove any excess grease when mat-
ing two machined surfaces.
17. Using EP-MPG grease as a temporary adhesive,
lubricate the O-ring groove in the housing; install
18. Position the brake assembly in place on the
right end cover, apply Loctite to the bolt threads,
and install the bolts, and washers. Torque the bolts 9
to 11 foot-pounds (1.3 to 1.5 kgm).
19. Remove the plugs from the hydraulic lines and
ports and connect the hydraulic lines to the brake
The number of toothed brake discs and
brake stators may vary between hoist
models in the HO-15 series.