Page 9/10 blank
13. Thread two No. 10-24 screws into the cam ring
assembly on the same side of the ring that indicates
the cam size. Insert the dowel pin (5) in the cam ring
Ensure the rotor and vane assembly is
inserted far enough to prevent the vanes
and position the complete assembly in the body over
flying out of position when the ring com-
the other dowel pin (11).
pressor is removed.
14. Lubricate the rubber seal (3) and install it on the
15. Press the needle bearing (4) into the end cap (2)
with the markings on the bearing 0.0625-inch (1.58
tighten the compressor gradually until the springs
mm) below the face of the cap.
and vanes are in the position they will occupy while in
the cam ring. Place a backup plate, slightly smaller
16. Position the end cap (2) over the dowel pin (5).
than the outside diameter of the rotor in the ring
Hold the end cap firmly against the cam ring assem-
compressor and push the rotor, springs, and vanes
bly and rotate to line up the bolt holes.
into the cam ring. The backup plate will prevent the
vanes from sliding end wise in the rotor slots and
17. Insert the capscrews (1) and tighten evenly to
damaging the slots and springs.
130 pounds-foot (17.97 kgm).