General Storage Requirements. To insure that
serviceability standards of stored air delivery equipment
are maintained, every effort will be exerted to adhere to
the following storage requirements:
(1) When available, a heated building should
be used to store airdrop items.
(2) Air delivery equipment will be stored in a
dry, well-ventilated location and protected
from pilferage, dampness, fire, dirt, insects,
rodents, and direct sunlight.
(3) delivery equipment will not be stored in a
manner which would prevent ventilation or
interfere with light fixtures, heating vents,
fire-fighting devices, cooling units, exits, or
(4) Airdrop items will not be stored in a
damaged, dirty, or damp condition.
(5) All stored airdrop items will be marked,
segregated, and located for accessibility
and easy identification.
(6) Air delivery equipment will not be stored in
direct contact with any building floor or wall.
Storage will be accomplished using bins,
shelves, pallets, racks, or dunnage to
provide airspace between the storage area
floor and the equipment. If preconstructed
shelving or similar storage accommodations
are not available, locally fabricate storage
provisions using suitable lumber of wooden